Burma Briefing provides comment, briefing and analysis from Burma Campaign UK.
Burma’s Fake Election and the Post-Election Structure
Burma Briefing No. 5
While the international community has focused primarily on the process of the elections, this briefing analyses not only how the election process is unfair, but also how the military have brought in a new constitution which renders parliament powerless to bring in genuine democratic reform without military consent.
- Rushanara Ali MP: End discrimination against Rohingya and find urgent resolution to citizenship
- Federalism is key to genuine peace - Statement by 60 organisations
- UK Says Investigation Required Into Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya
- No Political Prisoner Left Behind – Free Aung Ko Latt!
- Parliamentarians call on ASEAN to back OIC Human Rights Council resolution on anti-Muslim violence